Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Your Career Will Never Wake Up And Tell You That it Doesn't Love You

Oh Lady Gaga, you always give me reasons to love you.

Well, it's been a long four months of summer, that have suddenly seemed to disappear in a time warp. And now it's back to school for my second year of fashion!


I couldn't be more excited, but more frazzled. Despite having done a bit of blogging, and a lot of shopping, I haven't done much in the way of keeping in touch with the fashion world!


This is going to be a big year. I won't be graduating with my class, as I've decided to do a 3 year diploma, favoring work and grades over getting it done with. I will, however, be designing my own collection for Spring/Summer (more to come on that regard!), and will be taking on a hopefully important role in the year end fashion show.


So what's in store for me this semester? Well, let me tell you!


I'm extremely excited about my courses this semester. I'll be taking my second Pattern Drafting class - one worde: draping. Finally! Garment Construction, where I'm assuming we will be contstructing garments that were drafted in the previously mentioned class. Computer Pattern drafting, and last but most certainly not least - Surface Design.


I must say I'm most excited about Surface Design. I would love to make that one of my specialties!


I've also decided I'd like to take some courses in PhotoShop. For some reason it's not offered as part of my curriculum. Guess I'll need to upgrade my computer in the near future!


Now it's just a matter of getting re-inspired. I'm not entirely ready, but as with everything else in life, I don't mind jumping in head first.



"Walk, Walk Fashion Baby. Work it, Move that Bitch Crazy. Walk Walk, Passion Baby. Work it, I'm a Free Bitch, Baby."



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have an exciting year in store - I can't wait to hear about the collection you'll be putting together!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete