Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Post Ever.

Hello future readers of my blog! You probably won't read this unless you see it in the archives. So I apologize in advance for any of my ramblings. I'm probably not very interesting (disclaimer!). I am a fashion student, thrift store aficionado, vinyl collector, and lover of music. Things you will see on this blog will consist of - of course - my thoughts, fashion and clothing, music, and any other random things that inspire me, make me laugh, or that I feel like I should share with whoever reads this.

Welcome to Rock It From The Crypt. A play off of the brand that I'm building, Rockette From The Crypt which is also on Etsy (on hiatus until I hone my craft and develop some sellable product - keep an eye out!). The name comes from a few things. A band called Rocket From the Crypt (music=inspiration), the Rockette's (a dancing version of a pin-up girl), and the concept of refashioning - so much clothing gets thrown in the garbage, why not put it to use into something exciting, and...Rock It? That's what I love about thrift stores, you can find such interesting one of a kind clothing, inspiration, deals... anything!

I'm in my first year of fashion design - and let me tell you - it's pretty much radical. Although at 23, I'm older than most of the students here, but it's not my first time on the post-secondary circuit.. at least this time I'm doing something I'm actually very enthusiastic about. I wanted to be a fashion designer when I was 18, but really, looking back on my style and attitudes then, I'm glad I waited, and am now doing what I really feel like I was meant to do. Maybe you won't be seeing me on the cover of Vogue, or selling haute couture garments for an arm and a leg.. but that's not really my style anyways -as interesting as the high end lines of Yves St. Laurent and such are, I like to think of good clothing being a little bit more practical. But there's that feeling that you get when you find yourself doing something you really love. And you think to yourself:
I was made for this. That's how I feel about this.

I don't know what the future holds, and where my success will lie, but that's what makes it so fun. Never doubt yourself when you're doing something you love!

And with that little gem of wisdom, I will call it a post. See you cool cats later!

No comments:

Post a Comment