Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pretty Pretty Prints!

As previously mentioned before, we finally got our first assignment in Industrial Sewing! As such, I have been doing a little bit of research on the trend my group chose: Pattern Play. For a fashion student I'm actually pretty out of the loop on designers, so I don't really know what other people are doing... I just know what I like, and I like when things that I like are popular and easy to find.
Here's just some pictures I found in my web browsing that I thought were fun.

Betsey Johnson Leopard Print Dress
I am a SUCKER for any animal print! The fullness of the bottom and the big belt make this look. I previously found another dress, only in pink leopard print, but it really wasn't as fun as this one.

Betsey Johnson Gun Dress
Holy, can you say "bad ass"? The colour is bold and I've seen a lot of it over the last year. And I'm crazy about the guns. I have a necklace that has a brass knuckle charm that would go so awesome with this. I may not like the price tag that may accompany this dress, but I would DEFINITELY rock it with no remorse.

Betsey Johnson Bird Dress
Cutesy! The print is a little elaborate, you might have to look closely to see the pattern. I love the silhouette. Perfect little date dress! Betsey Johnson, I am impressed. Something different on the runways than the usual high end couture is always refreshing. And it's comforting to know that someone a little alternative can succeed in a stereotypically posh industry.

Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Fall/Winter 2009/2010
The way this dress is draped and all the design details make this dress really fun. Normally I'm not a fan of pink, but this print is really interesting. Maybe it's the purple. Oh, how I love purple!

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Fall/Winter 2009/2010
I'm surprised that one of the fashion trends isn't "bad ass". This dress just screams awesome. The style lines, the gathering, the leggings paired with the heels, the belt. I love.

Anna Sui Fall/Winter 2009/2010
I don't even know what to say here. I love everything about this outfit. The playing with prints, the boots, the tights (I LIVE in tights these days), the detailing on the jacket, the print on the skirt, the hat.... it's almost too much awesome for one outfit.

Anna Sui Fall/Winter 2009/2010
Ohhh, this one is stunning. I love the way it's structured, and whatever it is they have going on with the skirt of the dress.... paired with the leggings, boots, and the hats, this dress demands attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment