Monday, January 25, 2010

Soundtrack to Inspiration

So I'm sitting in the library doing my history re-drawing assignment, listening to my mp3 player, and figured it would be fun and help me stay sane, if I compile a little list of the songs I work best to, and songs that really make me feel inspired. Music trumps fashion for me, because of the way it speaks to me, but also because music influences my creative juiiiices!

1) Mad Caddies - Just One More
"No necesito la vida rica, estoy contento contigo" = "I don't need the rich life, I'm content here with you" I want that phrase tattooed on me. I've liked this song since it first came out back in 2003. Such a good band.

2) Against Me! - Joy
This is a slower, acoustic Against Me! song, compared to their faster stuff... which makes it very calming... and the lyrics are kind of uplifting, and makes me feel very optimistic about things. "There's a joy, a joy and I'll can see, a joy, in every possibility." And I can't begin to tell you how much I love Tom Gabel's voice.

3) Streetlight Manifesto- We Will Fall Together
Actually, this song just makes me want to dance and sing along to it! Such an awesome mix of horns and fast paced awesomeness. I could do cartwheels to this song. The music video to this one is really cool too.

4) Mother Mother - Body
Pretty much any song by Mother Mother. I think it's the fact that they're such a unique sounding band, that they just ooze creativity.

5) Le Tigre - Sixteen
Just a chill sounding song, easy on the ears. Makes for excellent background noise when I'm busy working.

6) The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
Another song that's just easy to listen to. I haven't listened to this band much, but I really like this song.

7) The Black Ghosts - Full Moon
The one good thing about Twilight (other than the books, the movies were not even close, even if the second one was slightly less crappy than the first..) was the soundtrack. There was a couple songs on there that I love, this one being one of them. Kinda folky, has some cool guitar and base, kinda ambient. I digs.

8) The Rebel Spell- Sullied Grave
Ahhh, The Rebel Spell. Punk band from Vancouver, BC. I've seen them live more than once. Awesome band, wicked song. Gotta love the "Woah's". If you listen to punk music and you haven't heard these guys, check them out.

9) Rocket From The Crypt - Venom Venom
One of my favorite RFTC songs. Pretty much radical.

10) NOFX - The Decline
18 minutes and 21 seconds of punk rock glory. I can't begin to talk about how much I like this song. I would quote lyrics, but there are lots to choose from. My favorite though, is "Living Through Conformity" something I'm toying with using somewhere down the line, I have it written down in my sketchbook. I'm going to end this blog on this one, and spend the next 2o minutes listening to this song while I head to the sewing lab.

This will have to be a two-parter!

No comments:

Post a Comment